Our Library aims to provide a conductive environment for learning and reading with facilities such as:-
- A peaceful study space
- HI-SPEED WiFi connectivity.
- Comfortable seating arrangement.
- Wide and amble space on each table.
- Spacious &airy Reading Halls on first floor equipped with Air Conditioner.
- Lockers facilities for students/readers/Members.
- Reading room facilities with very minimum Rs10\ a day which attract student who are preparing for competition exams.
- Students who are preparing for Civil Services Examination,( C.As, Banks’ P.O., SSC and other State services examinations)are taking the advantages of this library by using the reference books.
- Separate Newspapers’ Reading Room.
- Noida Lokmanch(NGO) will soon be undertaking the monthly mentoring of students who are preparing for the competitive examinations as well as at village levels. NLM is proposing to involve the local leadership for mentoring at the grass-root level as well.
- Noida Lokmanch (NGO) provides health checkup facilities for student and for readers.
- Canteen facility is available to its Members.
- Computerized library in Gautam Budh Nagar District.
- Career counseling service also available.
- Children’s Section-The NPL has children’s section, new books, games and attractive furniture has been added to the existing collections.
- Mobile Library Services-The Mobile library services will be started soon with aim to provide Library service at the doorstep of the readers.
- Photocopy & scanning service etc. Thus all above facilities and good collection of all subject like medical, engineering ,commerce, Humanities, science, English fiction, Hindi literature, computer, Law, B.ed, M.ed , CTET etc makes NPL a unique Library and help the student to achieve career goals and welcome all the new students and readers in NPL.
Books :The library has a total collection of 75000+ documents in different languages such as English, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Sanskrit in various disciplines.
Timings of the Library
Library Timings:The library remains opened from 9:00AM to 6:00PM from Monday to Saturday. Library is not open on Sunday, Second Saturday and other notified holidays.
Reading Room Timings:The Reading Room remains opened from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on all days in a week except national holidays.
Facilities/Privileges:-Borrowing and book reservation facility through library membership.
-Air-conditioner Reading Room facility.
-Two wheeler parking facility.
-RO purifier water facility.
- Noise, disturbance or unruly behavior is forbidden in any part of the library.
- Smoking, chewing of Paan and tobacco, imbibing of drugs and alcohol, and spitting are strictly prohibited.
- Bags and other articles are not permitted to be taken inside area of the library. However reading room students who caring bags and other articles should place them either inside study tables or hang on the back side of the chair. The management will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any such articles.
- Silence shall be observed in the public areas of the library. Mobile phones, pagers and watch alarms should be Switched off or kept in “Silence” mode before entering the library.
- Meals, refreshments, biscuits, beverages etc are not to be taken in the Reading Room of the Library and corridor area; only water bottles being permitted.
- Users of the library should be decently dressed and avoid use of heavy fragrances.
- Avoid slouching, sleeping; Loitering in the passages, sitting on the stairs and chatting etc.
- Avoid using radios and other electronic devices that disturb others. If reading room students are using electronic gadgets they are should be with headphones.
- Library materials must not be taken out of the library unless a Library staff has properly issued them.
- All books and personal belongings must be shown to the staff at the library exits whenever required to do so.
- No bag, case, umbrella, personal book, CD-ROM, or floppy disk should be brought into the Library. They should be deposited at the property counter at one’s own risk.
- Mutilation and theft of library materials are offences punishable by law. Appropriate action will be taken by the Library against offenders.
- Library books and documents must be treated with honor, so that it is prohibited to underline, write notes or pull out pages there from.
- All dues to the library must be paid on time.
- The library will not be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings of users.
- The members should inform the library their new designations, official addresses and addresses of communication as and when they move to new assignments or locations.
- Following consultation, books should be left on the tables for the library staff to reshelve them.
- The library staff has the right to ask users to leave the library if they are inappropriately dressed or are causing a disturbance.
- The library staff has the right to ask a non-member to leave the library.
Rules for Borrowing Books:
- Members must produce their valid library membership card when borrowing the books. Members must check to see that all library materials in their possession have been properly checked out to them before leaving the library.
- Members are held responsible for all materials charged to their cards.
- Members must report the loss of library materials immediately to the Circulation Section of the Library and they must pay the compensation for the lost book.
- Any book not returned in response to a final overdue notice would be considered as lost and the member would be asked to pay compensation for the lost book.
- Fines will be calculated, according to the Rates of Fines, from the due date and the amount should be paid at the library.
- Members must ensure that the books issued to them are returned or renewed on or before the date due. Notices sent by the Library serve only as a reminder and non-receipt of the notices does not absolve any member from paying fines or other penalties as stated in these Rules.
- Each borrowing member will be issued library tickets as per their entitlement.
- Each book, if returned after the return and due date shall be subject to a fine of Rs. 1/- per day.
- Library membership cards, when lost, must be reported immediately in person or by telephone to the Circulation Section. A lost library card may be replaced by a fee of Rs. 50/- along with an undertaking that the member concerned will be responsible for any book taken on the library card.
- If any reading room students caught using mobile phones, gossiping at the corridor area it shall be subject to a fine of Rs. 50.
Library Membership Fee Structure:
|S.N.||Type of Membership||Fee (inrupees)||Security Amount||Entitlement||Period for issue books|
|1||Life Time Member||2000.00||Nil||3 cards||15 days (can be extended for another 15 days two times through call and message)|
|2||A. Annual Member||250.00 p.a.||300.00||1 card||15 days (can be extended for another 15 days two times through call and message)|
|3||B. Annual Member||250. 00 p.a.||500.00||2 card||15 days (can be extended for another 15 days two times through call and message)|
Reading room Fee Structure:
|S.N.||Type of Membership||Fee (inrupees)||Security Amount||Period for issue books|
|1||Reading room Entry Fee(No formal membership)||100.00 for ten Visits with in month||Nil|
|2||Reading room membership||250.00 p.m.||Nil||Cannot borrow books but can access the same in the ground floor of the Library for whole day.|